How do I contact John Brown Wheels?
- Email our us @ either enquires or sales Phone us on +44 (0) 1926 817444: Fax us on +44 (0) 1926 817784: We are here Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.30pm. We are closed on Weekends & Bank Holidays.
What Payments do you accept?
- We accept payment by Credit or Debit Card's via our fully secure payment system provided by Sage Pay. We can also accept PayPal, postal orders and bank transfer (details given on request and subject to a small charge).
What happens after I place my order online?
- You will receive an email confirming your order. You will then receive a second email once payment has been completed and your products have been despatched. We aim to despatch all products within two working day of your payment being successfully processed, Subject to stock availability. For more Delivery information Click Here
What happens if the alloy wheels I want are not available?
- Sometimes, due to unexpected demand, the alloy wheel design you have selected may be unavailable. If this is the case we will suggest an alternative or confirm when the alloy wheels will be available.
What information do I need to order wheels?
- In most cases just the vehicle make, model and year of manufacture; however some additional information may be requested.
How do I know which wheels fit my car?
- Most wheels will come in a range of fitments. If you select a wheel that you would like, either use our fitment guide, drop us an Email or call our sales team on +44(0)1926-817444 and we'll be happy to tell you.
The picture of the wheel I like shows a 4 or 5 stud patterns, does this mean they won't fit?
- No it doesn't mean they won't fit. The pictures we use are for advertising purposes only, but we do endeavour to use the correct picture for the fitment we are advertising.
I can't see the tyre size I require listed, what shall I do?
- As there is a vast range of tyre makes & sizes available on the market today, it is impossible to list every single one on the website, please call our sales team on +44 (0) 1926 817444 or Email us and we will give you the best possible price.
Do I get everything I need when I buy a wheel and tyre package?
- Yes you do, all wheels and tyres come mounted/balanced complete with standard rubber valves (optional valve upgrade available) and a complete set of nuts / bolts and the correct sized spigot rings if required. All you will need to do is unpack them and fit them to your car. Always check when fitting of wheels and tyres to your vehicle for clearance and any fitment issues. PLEASE RECHECK NUTS/BOLTS AFTER 30 MILES OF DRIVING.
Can you fit the wheels for me?
- No we do not offer a fitting service, but you are welcome to fit these yourselves at our premises.
You say body mods may be required, what does this mean?
- This means you will possibly have to do Body Modifications to the arches of your vehicle to allow enough clearance for the wheels & tyres to fit, for more help and advice with regards to this matter please contact us by phone on +44 (0) 1926 817444
What is the offset of a wheel?
- The offset is the distance from the mounting face of the wheel, where it mounts against the wheel hub, and the centreline of the wheel's width. It will be expressed as a distance, usually in mm and called ET.
What is the importance of the correct offset?
- When a car is designed, the suspension is configured in a certain way, which uses wheels with a certain offset. If this offset changes, then the distance between the mounting face and the centre of the wheel changes and this can affect the handling of the car.
What is the PCD?
- PCD stands for Pitch Circle Diameter and is a measure of the wheel stud/bolt hole locations. The PCD is a circle with its centre at the centre of the face of the wheel. The centres of the mounting holes are equally spaced around this circle. So for example, a 4x100mm PCD means four mounting holes, equally spaced around a 100mm diameter circle form the centre of the wheel.
How can I change to the same rolling Diameter on a bigger wheel?
- Up Stepping is achieved by increasing your wheel size while reducing the profile of your tyre. This ensures that the rolling radius of the new wheel and tyre remains the same as the original. This in turn should improve the handling of your car, but could deteriorate your ride of comfort as you have reduced the profile of the tyre.
If I've fitted new wheels and tyres, what pressure should I run?
- The general rule is to keep running the same pressure as the manufacturer recommends for the original equipment, as it's this which supports the weight of the car.
Are the wheels protected with lacquer?
- Your new wheels are supplied with a protective lacquer finish to help protect against corrosion from road salt, brake dust. How often you need to clean your alloy wheels depends on the environment, road hazards and weather conditions. If you are in a harsh winter environment where salt and chemicals are used to de-ice the roads, it's more important to clean frequently.
How do I keep my wheels looking new?
- Frequent washing with mildly soapy warm water is the best way to keep wheels clean. Never use abrasive cleansers or wire wool on your wheels. It's important you keep alloy wheels clean of brake dust to prevent damage as the brake dust is corrosive. Please let your wheels cool down thoroughly before cleaning them. Whilst there are many brands or alloy wheel cleaners available on the market today some may contain acid based chemicals which may corrode the finish if used for long periods. We recommend that you only use Non acid based alloy wheel cleaners.
What is your Warranty on alloy wheels?
- Unless specified otherwise the wheels we sell are covered under the following warranties:Fully painted (powder coated & lacquered finish); 12 months on surface finish and manufactureDiamond cut surface finish; 6 months on surface finish and 12 months on manufactureFully Polished & Chrome; NO WARRANTY on surface finish and are sold for show use only. Not recommended for all year round use. 12 months on manufacture. We advise regular cleaning and the use of an alloy wheel wax as a protective coating.All warranty claims/inspections will require the wheels be sent back to the supplier/ourselves at your cost. We will not be held liable for any costs incurred during this process. This does not affect your statutory rights.This warranty does not apply if: The wheel you ordered is not the size specified for the vehicle. The damage, defects or functional irregularity occurs to the wheels due to negligence, accident, misuse, incorrect fitment, or use in service such as vehicle overloading or wheels being used for off road applications. The wheels have been modified, altered or repaired.
Colours slightly varied to what seen on screen?
- The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
Do I need to order centre caps etc or they supplied with the wheels ordered?
- All wheels ordered include centre caps, bolts or nuts & standard rubber valves free of charge.
Can I collect my order from yourselves?
- Yes you can, please select this option at the checkout and follow our on screen instructions.
Can I cancel my order after I've place it?
Please send an Email Us or call us on +44 (0) 1926 817444 before we despatch your goods out, telling us why you're cancelling your order, Please note that any item that has been specially ordered for you can not be cancelled.
Can I return an item that proves unsuitable or is faulty?
Yes you can, Please contact us before hand to autorise your return
For our Returns Policy Click Here