- Tyre Labelling
Every JBW "Atom for Land Rover" alloy wheel is manufactured to the highest industry standards. Our wheels are manufactured to ISO16949 standards and have been JWL (Japan Light Alloy Wheel Standard) and VIA (Vehicle Inspection Association of Japan) approved.
Every JBW alloy wheel is made under licence exclusively for us and passes through multiple manufacturing stages,
- 3D CAD Production
- Wheel Mould Production
- Wheel Casting
- Heat Treatment
- Paint & Finish
After the wheels have passed through each stage of manufacture and quality control (ensuring superior craftsmanship, sleek and stylish designs and finishes), they are boxed and shipped to our warehouse here in the U.K. ready to be despatched to our customers with a lifetime structural warranty and a 12-month warranty on the paint finish (not applicable to hand polished finishes).
* Please note body modifications may be required on certain sizes and offsets.
We always endeavour to deliver your items as quickly as possible. The majority of items are dispatched the same day and can be expected to be received within a couple of working days. Some orders may take between 3-5 working days (especially during busy times) or If it is an oversized item, all items must be signed for. Prices range from £7.50 for small items, Wheels Only £17.50, Wheels & Tyres £22.50 for UK Mainland deliveries.
To Obtain a Quote
If you would like to know how much the carriage is on an item shipped to your Country, please add the required items to your shopping basket, you will be automatically transferred to the shopping basket where you will see " Please Select Your Delivery Country”, After you have selected this it will give you the carriage options available for your selected items.
All orders are normally dispatched within 48hrs of order confirmation. You will be shown a list of available delivery options and prices during the checkout process. Upon your order being dispatched you will then be emailed so you are aware that you goods are on their way:
John Brown Wheels uses a Selection of Different Carriers, to deliver your items direct to your door. We can deliver anywhere in the UK mainland. Please note there maybe additional surcharges for Highlands and offshore islands. Companies we use Inc: UPS and TNT...........
We would like to also advise you that we do not deliver at weekends.
Carriage charges are stated for your selected items at the checkout , this price is for whole consignment. Prices range from £7.50 for small items, Wheels Only £17.50 – Wheels & Tyres £22.50, Pallets £45.00, for UK Mainland deliveries. (Please note that all deliveries must be signed for)
John Brown Wheels uses a Selection of Different Carriers, to deliver your items direct to your door. We can deliver anywhere in the world. Companies we use include UPS and TNT...........
We would like to also advise you that we do not deliver at weekends.
Carriage charges are stated for your selected items at the checkout, this price is for the whole consignment. Please note some countries may be charged import duty payable by receiver. After selecting your carriage this may need to be changed by John Brown Wheels Ltd, in this instance we will contact you, because not all courier services are available to all locations and some out of area postcode are subject to an additional surcharge.
Please contact us for a more detailed and up to date quote on delivery to your location. (Please note that all deliveries must be signed for)
How will it be delivered?
We deliver most items via a range of couriers, for bulk orders they will be delivered on a pallet due to the size and weight or by our own fleet on delivery vans.
Please note that if an item is to be delivered by a pallet. The pallet company will call you to book in the delivery date. Pallet deliveries are to the Kerbside only.
Will I need to be in when my order arrives?
A responsible person must be available at the delivery address to receive and sign for the goods, AS RECEIVED IN GOOD CONDITION. Goods will not be left at the delivery address unless signed for. We cannot give an exact day time of arrival under this delivery schedule. However, if a signature is required and you aren’t in they will leave a card allowing you to arrange a suitable delivery time. When you place your order there is a comments box which you can use to put specific delivery information in.
If you have any specific delivery requirements, please contact us and we'll do everything we can to meet them.
When you receive your order
Although we do everything we can to get your order to you as safely as possible, it's very important to check your order immediately for any visible signs of damage. Please check your order immediately after receiving it and let us know of any damages or anything missing straight away by calling 01926 817 444. Full details can be found in the Terms & Conditions. Damages must be reported within 7-days. Please help us to help you. This does not affect your statutory rights.
The energy lost when a tyre is rolling is expressed as 'rolling resistance' Lower rolling resistance reduces fuel consumption and CO2 emissions
- A is the highest performance tyre
- G is currently the least performing
Provides you with information on the tyre's grip on wet roads Tyres with excellent grip in the wet have shorter braking distances on wet roads
- A indicates the highest wet grip performance
- G indicates the lowest wet grip performance
- The tyre's exterior noise grading is expressed in decibels
- One black wave indicates the best noise level at least 3dB below the future legal limit
- Three black waves indicate the weakest performance
- New legal noise limits will be introduced between 2012 and 2016
How do I contact John Brown Wheels?
- Email our us @ either enquires or sales Phone us on +44 (0) 1926 817444: Fax us on +44 (0) 1926 817784: We are here Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.30pm. We are closed on Weekends & Bank Holidays.
What Payments do you accept?
- We accept payment by Credit or Debit Card's via our fully secure payment system provided by Sage Pay. We can also accept PayPal, postal orders and bank transfer (details given on request and subject to a small charge).
What happens after I place my order online?
- You will receive an email confirming your order. You will then receive a second email once payment has been completed and your products have been despatched. We aim to despatch all products within two working day of your payment being successfully processed, Subject to stock availability. For more Delivery information Click Here
What happens if the alloy wheels I want are not available?
- Sometimes, due to unexpected demand, the alloy wheel design you have selected may be unavailable. If this is the case we will suggest an alternative or confirm when the alloy wheels will be available.
What information do I need to order wheels?
- In most cases just the vehicle make, model and year of manufacture; however some additional information may be requested.
How do I know which wheels fit my car?
- Most wheels will come in a range of fitments. If you select a wheel that you would like, either use our fitment guide, drop us an Email or call our sales team on +44(0)1926-817444 and we'll be happy to tell you.
The picture of the wheel I like shows a 4 or 5 stud patterns, does this mean they won't fit?
- No it doesn't mean they won't fit. The pictures we use are for advertising purposes only, but we do endeavour to use the correct picture for the fitment we are advertising.
I can't see the tyre size I require listed, what shall I do?
- As there is a vast range of tyre makes & sizes available on the market today, it is impossible to list every single one on the website, please call our sales team on +44 (0) 1926 817444 or Email us and we will give you the best possible price.
Do I get everything I need when I buy a wheel and tyre package?
All wheels and tyres come mounted/balanced complete with standard rubber valves (optional valve upgrade available) and were specified in the description a complete set of nuts / bolts , centre caps and the correct sized spigot rings if required. All you will need to do is unpack them and fit them to your car. Always check when fitting of wheels and tyres to your vehicle for clearance and any fitment issues. PLEASE RECHECK NUTS/BOLTS AFTER 30 MILES OF DRIVING.
Can you fit the wheels for me?
- No we do not offer a fitting service, but you are welcome to fit these yourselves at our premises.
You say body mods may be required, what does this mean?
- This means you will possibly have to do Body Modifications to the arches of your vehicle to allow enough clearance for the wheels & tyres to fit, for more help and advice with regards to this matter please contact us by phone on +44 (0) 1926 817444
What is the offset of a wheel?
- The offset is the distance from the mounting face of the wheel, where it mounts against the wheel hub, and the centreline of the wheel's width. It will be expressed as a distance, usually in mm and called ET.
What is the importance of the correct offset?
- When a car is designed, the suspension is configured in a certain way, which uses wheels with a certain offset. If this offset changes, then the distance between the mounting face and the centre of the wheel changes and this can affect the handling of the car.
What is the PCD?
- PCD stands for Pitch Circle Diameter and is a measure of the wheel stud/bolt hole locations. The PCD is a circle with its centre at the centre of the face of the wheel. The centres of the mounting holes are equally spaced around this circle. So for example, a 4x100mm PCD means four mounting holes, equally spaced around a 100mm diameter circle form the centre of the wheel.
How can I change to the same rolling Diameter on a bigger wheel?
- Up Stepping is achieved by increasing your wheel size while reducing the profile of your tyre. This ensures that the rolling radius of the new wheel and tyre remains the same as the original. This in turn should improve the handling of your car, but could deteriorate your ride of comfort as you have reduced the profile of the tyre.
If I've fitted new wheels and tyres, what pressure should I run?
- The general rule is to keep running the same pressure as the manufacturer recommends for the original equipment, as it's this which supports the weight of the car.
Are the wheels protected with lacquer?
- Your new wheels are supplied with a protective lacquer finish to help protect against corrosion from road salt, brake dust. How often you need to clean your alloy wheels depends on the environment, road hazards and weather conditions. If you are in a harsh winter environment where salt and chemicals are used to de-ice the roads, it's more important to clean frequently.
How do I keep my wheels looking new?
- Frequent washing with mildly soapy warm water is the best way to keep wheels clean. Never use abrasive cleansers or wire wool on your wheels. It's important you keep alloy wheels clean of brake dust to prevent damage as the brake dust is corrosive. Please let your wheels cool down thoroughly before cleaning them. Whilst there are many brands or alloy wheel cleaners available on the market today some may contain acid based chemicals which may corrode the finish if used for long periods. We recommend that you only use Non acid based alloy wheel cleaners.
What is your Warranty on alloy wheels?
- Unless specified otherwise the wheels we sell are covered under the following warranties:Fully painted (powder coated & lacquered finish); 12 months on surface finish and manufactureDiamond cut surface finish; 6 months on surface finish and 12 months on manufactureFully Polished & Chrome; NO WARRANTY on surface finish and are sold for show use only. Not recommended for all year round use. 12 months on manufacture. We advise regular cleaning and the use of an alloy wheel wax as a protective coating.All warranty claims/inspections will require the wheels be sent back to the supplier/ourselves at your cost. We will not be held liable for any costs incurred during this process. This does not affect your statutory rights.This warranty does not apply if: The wheel you ordered is not the size specified for the vehicle. The damage, defects or functional irregularity occurs to the wheels due to negligence, accident, misuse, incorrect fitment, or use in service such as vehicle overloading or wheels being used for off road applications. The wheels have been modified, altered or repaired.
Colours slightly varied to what seen on screen?
- The colour of goods may vary slightly from that shown on the website due to limitations of browser software and monitors.
Can I collect my order from yourselves?
- Yes you can, please select this option at the checkout and follow our on screen instructions.
Can I cancel my order after I've place it?
Please send an Email Us or call us on +44 (0) 1926 817444 before we despatch your goods out, telling us why you're cancelling your order, Please note that any item that has been specially ordered for you can not be cancelled.
Can I return an item that proves unsuitable or is faulty?
Yes you can, Please contact us before hand to autorise your return
For our Returns Policy Click Here