Tyre Labelling Explained
From 1st November 2012 it is a legal requirement that new car tyres must be labelled to give you a more informed choice when buying your new tyres.
The label will display three performance characteristics of a tyre:
- Fuel Efficiency
- Wet Grip
- Exterior Noise Emissions
Excluded from the scope of the regulation are:
• Re-treaded tyres
• Off-road professional tyres
• Tyres designed to be fitted only to vehicles registered for the first time before 1 October 1990.
• T-type temporary-use spare tyres
• Tyres whose speed rating is less than 80 km/h.
• Tyres whose nominal rim diameter does not exceed 254 mm or is 635 mm or more.
• Tyres fitted with additional devices to improve traction properties, such as studded tyres.
• Tyres designed only to be fitted on vehicles intended exclusively for racing